Friday, October 23, 2009

Maybe you should widen your prospective!

Recently the Fox News network has been "attacked" by our president and his administration. Obama has shown signs of boycotting the station and this has caused a massive uproar among the staunch republicans who only believe news that comes from one station (wonder which network that is??). This huge issue is quite annoying to me because I feel like the only people who are commenting on this are the people who watch Fox. Well of course the supporters of the network are going to be infuriated by Obama not appearing on their beloved shows and calling it not a genuine news network. I believe that most Fox supporters only get their news from Fox and this contains many issues. One, how can you get your news from an extremely biased news network?? If all the TV hosts are republicans wont the context of the news tend to lean to the right? From here the second problem develops....if you only hear biased news will you be open to different opinions and facts? I ask this because many people that I go to school with believe that Fox is the only place where you get factual information and this is not true! Countless times I have heard students say that something is not true just because it was reported from a station like CNN or NBC. How can you say this if you arent willing to research the actual topic and see what the facts say before you develop your opinion from an obvious biased outlook? Super conservative people bother me and unfortunately I am surronded by them....

No comments: